Check Out Some of Our Recent Events:
The West Big Data Innovation Hub Thematic Focus Areas include:
- Metro Data Science: tackling challenges in transportation, housing, economic development, and more in a wide variety of landscapes
- Precision Medicine: working towards data-informed decisions that are predictive, preventative, personalized, and participatory
- Managing Natural Resources and Hazards: addressing opportunities in topics ranging from water resource management and agriculture to emergency preparedness, energy/climate, and sustainability
- Big Data Technology: leveraging a track record of innovations in areas including storage, cloud computing, analytics and visualization
- Data-enabled Scientific Discovery and Learning: Engaging stakeholders across disciplines to strengthen data science education and transform scientific discovery
Special thanks to our theme ambassadors/ points of contact below who helped shape the WBDIH initial proposal:
- Metro Data Science (including energy, transportation, housing) – Ilkay Altintas (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Bill Howe (email@example.com)
- Precision Medicine – Sharat Israni (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Ariel Rokem (email@example.com).
- Managing Natural Resources and Hazards – Dane Skow, K Selcuk Candan (firstname.lastname@example.org), & Huiping Cao (email@example.com)
- Big Data Technology – Mike Franklin (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Ed Lazowska (email@example.com)
- Data-enabled Scientific Discovery and Learning – Ed Lazowska (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Mike Franklin (email@example.com)
Read more about our launch: WBDIH Blog!